Chair Based Exercise
WHAT IS IT?
Group exercise classes
Community Venues, fitness gyms and health clubs offer group exercise classes that are conducted by certified fitness instructors, generally these include exercise that can be done from a seated position.
WHY IS IT GOOD FOR ME?
Some of the core benefits are as follows:
- Improved heart and lung function
- Body fat control and weight loss
- Muscle toning and increased stamina and energy
- Reduced tension, anxiety and depression, and better sleep patterns
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST
Classes can also be paid for per visit and depends on the provider but can range from £2-£5 per class.
WHAT EQUIPMENT DO I NEED?
All you need is clothing you can exercise comfortably in, such as:
- Shorts or loose comfortable bottoms such as jogging or yoga bottoms
- Comfortable footwear
- Hand towel